Updated by Nov 10
We are in the final test point to switch tracking data to Shopify pixel. Hopefully our users will experience the game changing tech in one week. Here I would also share some of my thoughts.
Why Attribuly moves so fast to this new feature?
A: Yes we are really working hard to adapt Shopify pixel. The reason is:
3. Someone mentioned that Shopify pixel is just launched, and some stores report errors. I do agree it happens. But based on our production experience, we don't have a such case so far. Even though Shopify pixel doesn't report data, Attribuly pixel is still working, so we can shift to Attribuly pixel data anytime.
Updated by NOV 2
1. We have recorded 10% more behavior data with Shopify pixel, comparing with 3rd party pixel. The reason should be Shopify web pixel's shorter loading time and more trackable pages.
2. Our beta version with Shopify pixel will be online Nov 11st, 2022. Which means all the customer events will rely on Shopify pixel. New standard events will be available. We set 5 most important conversion goals as default, so merchants can use it immediately without any manual configuration. Contact us if you are interested in how wep pixel enriches your customer behavior analysis.
Why do I need Shopify pixel?
As mentioned by Shopify, the pixel provides below benefits:
- Access to a stream of customer events on your online store, including checkout events
- An additional layer of security for your online store and your customers, including greater control over the customer data that you share with third-party services
- Built in tools for privacy compliance
What customer events I can collect from Shopify pixel?
Customer events support some most common events during the customer journey, as listed below:
- Page view
- Product view
- add to cart
- collection view
- search terms
- checkout start
- payment info submission
- checkout complete
Merchants might also choose different filters( SKU and many other variants) to track specific customer conversion events. Such as add to cart for specific products.
Besides, merchants can also define custom events, please follow the instruction.
Use custom pixel
Shopify recommends using apps first to install the pixel. If you can't find then you may need install custom pixel for yourself.
Here I would list out serveral tech providers when you consider custom pixel:
1. Connect shopify pixel to Google tag manager with Analyzify's blog.
2. Get Google & Facebook pixel code from Shopify help center.
What's the benefit with Shopify pixel & Attribuly integration?
As a dedicated attribution tool for Shopify, Attribuly now can capture all standard customer events. It provides huge benefits for merchants:
1. Understand how your campaigns lead a different type of conversions.
2. Set more customer events as a conversion goal, and analyze the attribution for different campaign goals. The data integration with Shopify makes you easy to select specific product conversions as goal. So you can use it in new product launches, key product promotions etc.
3. Draw invaluable customer conversion path for different goals, at single user level.
Furthermore, merchants need no any code, it's super easy to set up. That saves a lot of time-consuming work.
How to enable the integration?
By installing Attribuly, merchants have authorized access to Shopify pixel without any further additional work. Attribuly will automatically collect customer events. Merchants may view those events at a single customer level, set events as goals and analyze attribution reports.